Tuesday, September 10, 2024

The top forms of news


 The way news is communicated is extremely different than just a few years ago. Growing advancements in technology have changed, meaning there is no more normal "news cycle". News is always being updated, published and changed and that is done due to social media, news apps, and more. There are several different ways that I receive my news.These are a few of the apps that I trust and use daily. 



1. Hometown Favorites 

                 WABC, WCBS, WNBC, WNYW, 

Growing up in a suburb of the number one news market in the world has allowed me access to some of the best reporters and journalists in the entire world. The news market in New York is truly incomparable, one day I truly hope to be reporting right here where I grew up. 

WABC is the ABC New York affiliate and it is the channel that I grew up watching. I always know that when I turn on the TV, I can trust that the information that is going to be given to me will be accurate and up to date while also displaying truth and honesty. I could also say the same for the others (WCBS, WNBC, WNYW)as these stations are all leaders in the news field. While away at school, I always use their mobile apps because as an aspiring journalist, I want to insure I am staying up to date with any information that is happening at home. One important memory that I have specifically with WABC was during Hurricane Sandy in 2012, my family and I were in one of the areas projected to be hit extremely hard by this storm. The night that we lost power the last thing that we were able to see on TV was from WABC. All these years later that's still the channel that we rely on for all of our information. 


2. Social Media 

                                                                  X formally known as Twitter 

Most people have turned away from mainstream cable networks and turned to social media and mobile apps on their phones.  X formerly known as Twitter is one of those mobile apps that allow people to get their news from their mobile devices and online. X has allowed people to get their news faster and find the information online whereever they are. 


                                                                           Instagram

Instagram is another app that I use to get my news. Oftentimes, it will be my family sending me reels, which are short videos about current events. I know that when I open Instagram my feed will update me on the latest news and developments. Most major networks post to these social media platforms as well, which helps entice readers to view their platforms. 

Global News Organzatiosns 

                                                             CNN/ News Nation/ Fox News 

In addition to all of the local media outlets that help spread local news around the world, global media outlets help spread news from a broader perspective. I often turn to these major corporations when trying to find out news on global related topics. These networks are reliable but most of the time one-sided as they only will share information based on the side that they believe in. When finding out my news, I always try to look and picture both sides of the argument before coming to a conclusion              

Family

                          Word of Mouth

Another way that I tend to get my news is from my family. My family updates me on everything from local to national news and even on economics and more. I find my family as a trustworthy source and, also find this to be a unique way because coming from a divided family I get to hear both sides of whatever is being reported and argued through my family. Somethig unique that has changed as time goes on is in the event a breaking story would take place people are more likely to find out via word of mouth as people are always notified on their mobil devices. 





                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy

Privacy is something that we lose more and more each day as technological advancements improve. The government basically has a "portrai...